Friends...

I have been thinking alot about friends today, so I thought I would introduce you to some of mine, in no particular order.

  • I have a friend who has a great sense of humor.  As a matter of fact, we always share a good laugh before we depart company.  She thinks she may be a super fighter--so watch out--she would probably have my back!  She is very task oriented, cultured (very opposite of me), and has all these weird rules she abides by.  She is dependable,  a hard worker, a good cook, and great mom & wife. 

  • I have a friend that thinks the same thoughts as I do.  I mean, even the evil ones.  She is funny, a giver, and has a very determined spirit.  She has a gift--she can speak in a man voice--which by the way, is a great tool in getting another man to listen to you--we tried this in Bible study one night!  She confronts me and challenges me.  She is compassionate, an encourager, and fun!

  • I have a friend that I am glad is my friend, because if she doesn't like you...well, you just better watch out.  She is the most organized person I know and can multi-task like no other.  She will do anything for you and is always opening her house up for some kid-fun and food!

  • I have a friend that oozes with kindness...I mean the genuine kind.  She always seeks to help others and goes out of her way to do so.  She has one of those smiles that brings encouragment and offers support everytime she shares it.  She is humble and her gentle reflection of Christ is a constant reminder to all of us around her to show compassion and kindness to others.  She is addicted to coke (the drink--not the drug or my boss).

  • I have a friend I don't get to talk to very often.  She is very straight-forward and always takes the opportunity to speak her mind.  Her honesty is always refreshing.  When we do get the opportunity to talk, we generally get to share some shared rants about some broken systems and get to theorize a few ways to make like a little better.

  • I have a friend that is very creative, she always has a project (all of which she never thinks is a big deal).  She is one who always identifies a need and immediately takes some action.  She seeks to help others and goes out of her way to do small things that speak loudly into others lives.  She is a super mom and is always super busy!!

  • I have a friend who is quiet.  She rarely talks.  When she does, it is refreshing and always filled with some good stuff--wisdom, humor, etc.  She fails to see herself as others see her and is the only female I know that doesn't seem to get caught up in gossipy junk at times!

  • I have a friend who knows everything.  You know the type--you start having a conversation and she's done it or at least knows how!  She is a very tough lady and will always seek to defend you if anyone ever speaks ill of you. 
Friends, one of the many things God allows us to have here on earth to help our lives be richer.  All of my friends are different, but each play a very important role in my life!  I thank God he didn't create them all like me--how boring that would be, and I probably wouldn't like very many of them if that were the case.  I guess God really knew what he was doing when he was creating us all to play a part in His story...you know, the feet, hands, mouth, arms, etc..

Comments