Bible study, new vocabulary words, and pigs feet

Wednesday's are great. I host/lead a women's Bible study group at my house!  We always have a really good time together.  Tonight, we discussed 1 Corin. 3:5-15.  We talked about what we spend our lives "building" and if those things are things that will last--you know--leave a legacy.  I want my legacy to be that of Christ--I want my love for Him to permeate my thoughts and my actions. Anyway, just a question to ponder for bit:  What is it that you have "built" in your life right now that you think will last the longest?  Look for opportunities to invest in the lives of others and grow to love God more!

About the women who come to Bible study--they are quite the competitive bunch and occassionally show off their skills until one is victorious--and wins the coveted prize--a bottle of handsoap!  I am beginning to believe that God is trying to teach our group about meekness, quietness, etc.  The quietest girl of the group (who is very competitve) has the record for the most wins. And, she was the one who was victorious tonight!  Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up (James 4:10).  Some of you old school praise song singers started singing the backup lines didn't you?!! 

In addition to being competitive, the bunch is quite educated as well, one lady taught us a new vocabulary word and even used it in context in a sentence for us.  Unfortunately for you readers, I can't disclose our newly discovered word due to its graphic nature.  Sorry.

When we were done and were just kinda hanging out/chatting, my phone start ringing and it is Johnny's ringtone. I think that is pretty weird, I even got a little nervous, hoping they were ok.  He was in Walmart looking for the dried beef (which was on the list I gave him before he left).  "Where's the dried beef at?"  "It's by the canned meats--tuna/spam, all that stuff."  "No it's not. I am standing right here and it's not."  "Well, get me a couple of packs of that cheap deli ham instead."  "Will you move somewhere so that I can hear you?"  "Can you hear me now?"  "Yeah."  "Get me a couple of packs of that cheap deli ham."  "I found it. The dried beef is hiding between the pigs feet and the manwich if you ever need to know where it is."  "Ok.  I love you!"  Life is great--I love my husband!  And who would have ever thought the dried beef would be between the pigs feet and the manwich?? 

Comments