The Little Things

Sometimes I get so busy, I forget to see and appreciate the simple small things in my life. So today, I thought I would share some of those things...

1.  The ability to pray and read the Bible--whenever, wherever I want! When I get frustrated, depressed, ill, content...I can't count the times that investing some time to nourish that Spirit inside of me has brought so much good! I just wish I could remember to do that at all times--before opening my mouth to gossip, before eating the 8th cookie in a row (7 or less is good, 8 or more is sin :), or after having a wonderful day!

2.  My children sleeping--I am sitting listening to Jackson as he breathes in and out while he sleeps.  It is so peaceful and sweet. I can't help but to marvel at creation--how our bodies are designed to do these small things that are necessary for us to live--wow--while typing, my heart has been beating, my brain has been sending all kinds of signals, blood has flowed throughout my entire body, juices and acids are helping to break down the cabbage, asparagus, potatoes, and smoked sausage I ate, and in a bit peristalsis will start soon and then that internal sphincter will release signaling I need to go...well...I think you get the point! Obviously, our designer/creator is far above more than I can even think or imagine!

3.  The phone--I take it for granted but I get to hear my daddy everyday, I just used it to pass on information that my best friend's daddy just died, I get to hear voicemails that start like this "This is Memaw!", I can read encouraging words that friends and family have sent, it has helped Johnny and I have sanity while traveling as it has occupied the children...the phone--so thankful for it!

4. A good mattress--for the past 3 years we have had a good mattress---no other bed feels as good!

5. Blankets--we use them like crazy at our house--they become the roofs of houses, the tops and sides of forts, security when trying to hide from the bad guys, they provide warmth when we get still, they become costumes, table clothes for picnics!

6. Windshield wipers--it has been a rainy day--thankful there are things to help us see while driving.

7. Excel and the list thing on Apple devices--such a nice and orderly way to keep up with tasks--and that clean little check mark when it is over!

8.  Roofs that aren't made out of mud--can you imagine how that would be with all this rain we have had this season?

9. I could go on...but I'll stop. My point--take a few minutes to reflect on things in your life--stop all the busi-ness and appreciate a few things. If you really want to make a difference, try letting someone you know this week--know what an impact they have had on your life! Don't keep those things a secret--take advantage of those small opportunities to let people know how meaningful they are to you! Live a meaningful life!


Comments