Mouth Muzzle

Just about every week I get to hang out with a great group of women--we try to encourage each other as we study the Bible and just try to figure out how we can reflect Christ a little more.  A few months ago we all decided that one of the things we probably need is a mouth muzzle. You know--a filter or guard that would be a visual--not so comfortable--reminder that we need to be mindful of what comes out of our mouths.

Psalms 141:3 says set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep a watch over the doors of my lips.

Well, obviously our idea of the mouth muzzle wasn't such a new idea. Sometimes, my mouth gets so ahead of my brain--twice today at work I realized I rudely interrupted people talking and just ranted about my own stuff--how selfish.  This afternoon, I literally had to crucify what I was wanting to say to someone--when I say crucify--I mean it--I had an intense feeling and my thoughts were running wild. Not to say what I wanted was literally an intense battle! I just wonder how hard it was for Jesus when he was being made fun of on the cross--look at the "King" of the Jews--with his crown...I wonder  if he wanted to "show them" or tell them a few things. Maybe it was easier for him, maybe it wasn't...I know for me, controlling what comes out of my mouth is very difficult, and I need a constant reminder--like Philippians 4:8-it says to think about things that are pure, noble, right, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy. The way I see it, If my mind is focused on those things, then the stuff that comes out of my mouth will actually be beneficial and not like the poison I sometimes let seep out! Set a guard over my mouth and keep a watch over the doors of my lips.

Clutter jail update--it is working great! Both kids have really had fun with it--as a matter of fact, the only things that are in jail right now are a few things Jackson purposefully wanted to put in the jail! John even got some stuff and created his own jail and asked me to come up with some stuff he could do to get it out! That my friends is behavior manipulation at its finest!

Education note--found a site last night that does free learning/personality assessment for children, groups, or classrooms. I did one on John Gannon today and it was very insightful and was really reflective of the way he learns, etc. it even gave me a few ideas to consider as I am writing lesson plans for our upcoming homeschool adventure. The site is kidzmet.com. Of course they try to get you to buy a 3.99 book for more information but the stuff you get for free is really, really great!

Comments