Walking in the Woods...

I love hiking. It just feels so freeing-- walking around in nature, listening to the bird sounds and the crackling of dried leaves. And of course, sharing that time with my 3 guys makes is just perfect.



Who would have thought we would have found statues?


 And just in case you are wondering. This statue was not talking, it was exactly like the artist wanted.



While I may not have predicted the the sighting of the statues, I did know that adventure would be discovered. Sticks became all sorts of things, fallen trees became balance beams, and old vines became the means to travel up trees.



At one point, John Gannon walked up beside me and said, "My head is about to explode because I keep having all these ideas about all these sticks."  Of course, he was in full safety made--didn't want Bella off of her leash-he worries about her.


So, there you go...just a few moments enjoying nature that is perfectly designed by the Creator. 


So what are the take aways?

1. Enjoy nature.

2. Enjoy each other.

3. Higher level thinking skills/problem solving can happen outside of a traditional classroom. 

4. I love the head wraps and hats my Memaw made me.

5. Look around and see beauty.

6. Spend time with people you love.

7. It does not cost a thing to have good memories.

8. People's opinions, thoughts, and stupid rules sometimes ruin fun. I read an article about good authors and the writers asserted that good authors use exclamations sparingly. I just went and deleted 11 from this short entry.  Who cares what they think? Take that!!!!!!!!!!!!

9.  Be thankful, in all circumstances-with a little or with a lot.

10. Live a Meaningful Life!




Comments