Looking for a Gift Idea? This is the best!

My children like receiving gifts. They are always so excited-no matter how small or large. However, one observation I have made over last 9 years with my boys is that probably 95% of the time when they make reference to memories or "good times" it never includes those things. You know what they do sound like? Here are 2 that I have heard very recently:
  • When (said with lots of passion) are we going to play with Granny?  Do you remember when she went to the zoo with us and she was afraid to go in to see the snakes...

  • You remember the other day when we were playing with Grandma...or do you remember that snake we almost stepped on when we were walking on the railroad tracks with Grandma?


My children remember relationships-specifically when people stop life for a little and just play. I have to say myself that most of my fondest memories are the same.  When the "busy"ness of life stops and you can just cherish time and each other. 




Are you searching around for that last minute gift for someone? Have you considered giving them your time? Uninterrupted? Time in which the phone is left unanswered, the dishes stay dirty, a task is put off a few hours, or time playing with them using that gift you gave them... time is a gift--we should consider giving it! Live a Meaningful Life!



Comments