2022 Travel Log #1 North MS Family and Friends

Disclaimer: First off, for those of you joining us for the first time on one of these journeys, you should know a few things: I don't edit these posts--they are intended to be quick updates for our family and friends to keep up. Sometimes I will tell stories, some times I won't-- it will just be pictures. If you happened to be reading this from a professional lens--don't. This is my personal blog and should not be interpreted as anything more. 

Our time in MS was filled with family and friends. It felt a bit odd as the 4 of us really didn't see each other that much. Johnny and I stayed at my Memaw's (my grandmother) house while the boys stayed at Granny's (Johnny's mom).  The boys were taking the opportunity to get some time in with their friends. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see everyone we wanted. So if we missed you--hopefully we will get to see you next time around! Here are some random pictures from our time there.

Johnny didn't disappoint. He packed the Guitalele to entertain us along the way.

One reason for going to MS was to attend a counselor conference with my precious friend, Kathy.  We also got to have lunch one day with another great friend, Farra.

Memaw

Papaw (my dad)

He is always messing with them.

Granny (Johnny's mom), his 2 sisters and their families.

My friend, Kathy (Jackson didn't get a new look--that is Bode, John's friend; Jackson was at another friend's house).

Johnny's dad, sister and family (missing some) His side of the family was having their yearly reunion while we were there. He has a huge family as he has 5 sisters who have kids and grandkids...



While we were in Becker at the reunion, Johnny called this guy and told him we were in town so he drove over. Tony White was part of our lives for years, accompanying us on many of our dates and joining us for some our family gatherings during holidays.

On the way through Amory, Johnny was on the hunt for a good cup of coffee (for him that is black and extremely bold). He stopped at every store and came back out empty handed. The little shop on the main strip was empty. HOWEVER, on the way out, I noticed it had just changed locations. We actually got to visit with an old friend while we were there. And for the record, the Americana wasn't bold enough...

Zowie, John and Bode

My sweet friend, April. Homeschooling brought us together. She is booking our hotels on this adventure for us. If you want to travel--cruises, hotels, etc. she can help you at for no cost on your end!

My best friend during high school, Amanda.

My mom


My dad took Jackson and his friend, Sawyer fishing one day and Jackson had a good catch.


Our hometown, Nettleton MS, has a beautiful mural downtown. I love when murals are painted in towns--you will likely see a lot of them if you keep a check on us throughout this journey. For our friends outside of MS--this is where we grew up (not where we lived as a couple--our house in MS is in Blue Springs).




The boys' great-grandmother, Mary Ruth. She is 92 and still drives and does whatever she wants. If you want to be straightened out, go sit a spell with her.

A farewell picture with Granny.

From here, we will be going south west due to the temperatures right now in the midwest.

Please continue to pray for us all as we continue our journeys.

Comments

  1. Love the pictures and family and friends, but miss you. Love Winkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kindness, Winkie. I look forward to being back with you all!

      Delete
  2. Prayers for safe travels. Enjoyed seeing you and Johnny! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always enjoy getting time in with you all! Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad y’all are getting to visit family and friends. Looks like you’re having a great time. Thank you for sharing with us. We sure do miss you!!! Make some great memories!!! ❤️ Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Dianne! I hate I am missing out on your wisdom every week! We have started the book of John at home so maybe I can keep up in my absence!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for my shout out as a travel agent, I truly appreciate it. I think you and your family are some of the best people on earth. Love and prayers as you go on this fabulous adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know we love you guys! Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment