Moments like these...

  1. Sitting at the kitchen table as wind comes through both screen doors and blows my hair everywhere
  2. Watching John Gannon as he brings two warm chocolate chips cookies to share
  3. Listening to Jackson squeal as he quickly darts across the living room floor in pursuit of something
  4. Watching Johnny get the backpack ready to take the boys on an afternoon hike across the adventurous terrain of Jugfork
  5. Seeing two Sams's sized diaper boxes, tied together with ribbon laying on my couch (a complete robot costume of course--outfitted with eyes, mouth, and leg holes)
  6. Taking a quick glance under the love seat and seeing a small pink elephant and a potato--Jackson's newest toy...
  7. Listening to John Gannon tell his daddy about his new painting, "I made that for my moma."
  8. Laughing out loud as I sit here and remember yesterday at the aquarium in Chatanooga when Johnny all most destroyed the backdrop where they were making family pictures...dang, they should have a sign warning people it isn't a wall
Take time today to stop for a while and think about all the moments that just passed within the last few minutes! You might be suprised at all the things you miss out on because you are occupied with everything else. Thank you God for moments like these...I hear John Gannon approaching the porch saying, "Daddy it is too small."
I just had to stop writing for a moment. He came in, asking me to help him get something out of his room. In the meantime, Johnny yells from outside for JG to tell me to come outside and tell him what something is. We go out and at first glance it appears to be intestinal organs of some creature--but after a closer examination it proves to only be some plastic and grass obviously vomited up by one of the dogs. On the way back in, JG and I stop to admire a praying mantis on the bench. We then head upstairs to get the magnifying glass and atlas, but after some deliberation, he decides to come back down with a piece of paper and a box of crayons. Out the door he goes--back on the computer I get--I just heard the 4-wheeler crank and leave the yard--there is no telling what story is in the making...Moments like these--don't miss them in you life!

Comments