He is smarter and an RV

What a week--the older Jackson gets, the more the days seem to be a whirlwind.  With each day he becomes more and more mobile and John Gannon is always ready to begin an adventure. Both go to bed late and rise early--afraid they are going to miss out on something fun.  By the end of the week--Johnny and I are exhausted, the house is a wreck--clothes have piled waiting to be folded/hung, toys are in every room and under all of the furniture, and the "needs to be done list" just gets longer.  But who cares--we only have a few more years we get to do this (playing with our boys)--at some point over the years I am sure we will be replaced by other friends and eventually girls...oh, me!!  And that list, well, I guess we can get started on it then!

Jackson has been to the dr this week--diagnosed with a viral infec with croup and an ear infection.  John Gannon threw up last night on the way home from the park and has complained today that his throat hurts when he swallows his spit--and he is starting to run a low grade temp.  I go for a recheck at the dr. on Monday to follow up about the pneumonia--I suspect the spots are still there because I still have the pain in my back when I take deep breathes--maybe it has gotten smaller though..not so fun times as for health around our household--except for Johnny of course, who never seems to get sick.  On a more positive note, Jackson goes to LeBonheur on the 28th for a checkup and if all goes well I think we will have one more follow-up in January and we will be done!!! Whoo Hoo!!

John Gannon and I were in his room a little earlier today and he asked me to put this dinosaur cave thingy together--I reminded him how hard it was and told him I didn't want to b/c I really didn't know how and it would take forever.  He said, I'll just ask daddy to later.  I told him what a great idea that was but reminded him that I had put it together last time b/c daddy couldn't seem to get it figured out (I told him that in an effort to prepare him when his daddy said no to--it is one complicated thing to figure out and he won't play with it long at all once you put it together).  John Gannon responded, "Well, he knows how now because he is smarter than you."  Huh???  "How do you know he is?" I inquired  "I just know. Moma, you are a little bit smart, but daddy is a whole lot smart." 

I have to tell you all that I have rarely felt the need to make my credentials known to others, but a part of me wanted to go ahead and explain to him what a Ph.D. is and change my name to Dr. moma the next few days to make a point around our house.  With all joking aside I am very grateful that he places his dad in such high esteem.  I don't know of a better man on this earth that he could aspire to be or model.  I think he is the strongest and smartest man I know as well.  As a matter of fact--he thinks deeper than anyone I know and probably needs to get paid to be a philosopher.

And speaking of money, jobs, and dreams--we ordered our rv from Sherman RV center the other day.  We expect it to have it in about 5 weeks and we are planning on resigning from our jobs in Dec and hitting the road!  Who would have ever thought that one little post on here would accomplish so much!  We were overwhelmed and amazed at how everyone wanted to help us accomplish our dream!!!! So, for those of you who were waiting to see how it went--there you go!! Ha!  Surely you know I am kidding.  I have kept the $3 we got (all from children--who obviously still believe in people's dreams) and I plan on putting it in some kind of frame and and painting something about dreams to go in it!  We are still trying to figure out how to live that way!  I become gripped with the desire more every day. Got any good book ideas? Non-fiction of course--I can't stand reading fiction, therefore I have to hypothesize that I would hate writing it even more!

For those of you ladies out there--you are all invited to our Bible study--it is at our house at 6 on Monday nights.  This coming Monday is a little different from normal, we are having a short devotional and going to continue painting on some boxes we started (they are going to be drink tables in my living room).  We still have blank spots on the boxes for others!!!  And btw-none of us are artists by any means!!  Generally (on a normal night), we eat and then have Bible study together.  If you are ever interested, just let me know and I'll give you more details!  You can contact me (Paula) at skycox@yahoo.com   Have a great week and take the opportunity to cherish some memorable moments as you seek to love God and others more!!

Comments