A Little Life Funny & A School Report

I have no clue if this is possible or not. I am trying to write this blog while listening to a Ted Talk-A Rich Life with Less Stuff by the Minimalists. We'll see how this turns out.

Yesterday afternoon, we shared a good laugh in the Cox house! Our neighbor's son came and visited for a little while.  The three boys were upstairs playing, and Johnny and I were sitting in the chairs downstairs talking.  I thought all was normal and fine.  After a few minutes, our neighbor came to get her son who had come to visit.  She came into the house, stood in the kitchen and talked to her son who had come down the stairs along with our boys. In the meantime, Johnny swiveled his chair around more toward me making a few weird eye moves at me.  "That's a little weird." I thought.  A few minutes pass. The neighbors are gone. The boys are wildly running around the living room.  Johnny is laughing-the belly hurting kind of laughing. "What is wrong? What are you laughing at?" He replied, "I am sitting in this chair in my underwear-our female neighbor just came in.  She came in, I realized I just had underwear on so I kept easing the chair around toward you. Thank goodness I had these long black ones on--they at least look like biking shorts."  At this point, my belly started hurting from the sudden spasms caused by much laughter. I love my husband.

As for school, our schedule is still working pretty well!  Our biggest struggle--exactly what I predicted: spelling. I have no clue if we are making progress or not...we are just going to stay consistent and see what happens!  Of course our homeschool group has been busy with all sorts of things.  We attend PE & Health classes at HealthWorks twice a month. We have Readers' Theater practice every week--they are doing the Lorax. John Gannon signed up and has been running Cross Country (fitness--he can't be on the competitive team until jr. high).  We attend one group practice session a week. And we have been on several field trips already! Here are a few pictures from the past week!


Library Field Trip--did you know that you can check out art from the library?  Need a new picture for a week? They have some neat things in the MS room upstairs as well. Yes--that's my kid in the army gear :)

John Gannon did a little chemistry in the kitchen.  This was his first experience ever cooking/following a recipe, etc.  He has never been interested.  But, I must say the banana bundt cake turned out great! His favorite part was mashing the bananas! After eating a piece he decided he should sell them.  He said he thought $5.00 was a good price.  I quickly realized I missed a great teaching opportunity about costs!


JG ran his first 5k. He completed it in 33:33 and came in 2nd in his age division. I love this picture.  It looks like they are running from the police.


Trip to Renasant Center for Ideas-I had no clue about some of the cool things that happen in Tupelo! 
They had a piece of contraption art.  JG is fascinated with contraptions! I would LOVE to take him to  a Rude Goldberg competition one day.  They are in Wisconsin and Ohio this year...maybe they will be closer one day.
We took five water samples from areas around our house to test the turbidity of the water. We were learning how turbidity is one factor that affects the type of wildlife in freshwater biomes. The most turbid was from a mud hole in a field and from a water runoff area on the side of the road.  The least turbid was from our lake, our neighbor's lake, and from a local creek.

Would you like to guess how much paint we go through? A LOT!! This little artist finds all kinds of things to make a creation.  We can't even through a pizza box away!

Now that John has his little business, Jackson has taken over the aluminum recycling.  He picks up cans.  He wanted to go this past week. He said it was the best day ever-he found lots.  John Gannon noted that from a garbage bag full--only 2 were sodas.  He wondered if there are just more beer drinkers than soda drinkers or if soda drinkers were just more responsible with their cans?  When we were talking about it, Jackson said, "I am glad when they throw them out of the car!"

We went on an animal evidence hunt.  



Fun times! Just trying to live a more meaningful life!




Comments