A Few Lines of Random

1.  All of my nails are purple. I dyed my hair today with a tube that was labeled "dark red violet brown." I realized after I got it all mixed up I had no gloves.  I tried wrapping my hands with plastic wrap but it just would not work out.  Bare hands to the rescue! 

2.  It is almost 8:00p.m. My boys and their friend, our neighbor, are in the lake jumping off the canoes into the water.  Do they ever run out of energy? Johnny should be coming down the drive all sweaty any second from running his 6 miles...I am sitting comfortably on my cushioned seat on the porch.  I did do a little arm workout earlier--that counts for something, right?

3.  I love the sound of all the insects and frogs at night.  I wonder what they are saying to each other? I wonder if the dog barking is getting on their nerves?

4. I have a square bowl of a green substance, and 3 small bowls of a dark substance in my freezer. John Gannon says he is creating a Creeper (from Minecraft) popsicle.  We'll see how this turns out tomorrow!(Megan, can you guess what DIY skill he is working on?)

5. Current flowers by Jackson:


6. Had to take a break. Neighbor has returned home. Boys have showered and ready for their night snack. The sweaty man is now clean. What does tonight's snack for 2 boys look like?



7.  I think about my childhood, and I am reminded to never make assumptions about people's circumstances. You never know what a person is carrying around with them. Smiles sometimes mask pain. Anger is sometimes the result of deep wounds. Messy ponytails and unkept hair are often the result of a loving daddy letting his little girl fix her own hair. Never assume someone has always traveled an easy road.  Just love others as yourself!

8. When I open my mouth...let it be for uplifting others, sharing something useful,asking questions, shouting thanks, or praising God. All other words are just unnecessary...gotta a long way to go on this one!

9. Remember that dog from an hour ago? It is still barking! 

10. Live a Meaningful Life!

Comments