Like my Bruda

Last night about 8:30 we asked John Gannon if he wanted to babysit Jackson upstairs while Johnny and I watched a movie. Now, for any of you that have two boys, you know what a risk we were taking. But...for a few minutes of silence on a Friday night--I figured we could clean up the mess and maybe no bones would be broken when the fights started happening. Boy, were we in for a surprise.

That's right..a surprise. They managed to play together for an hour and 45 minutes with no fights, no whining, no mass destruction. When I went up to check on them they were sitting in a chair beside each other--both holding light sabers. Wow!

Earlier, Jackson got John Gannon's glasses, put them on and said, "I want to be like my Bruda."
It's moments like these that just fill my heart with such good things! Right now, as I type, they are arguing with each other...John Gannon finally gets so frustrated, he marches off and says, I quit. In Jackson's mind that just means there is no one to fight with for control, so he walks off. JG then runs back over to what he was doing yelling at Jackson to stay out. Right now, he isn't interested...but in a minute, it's probably going to get ugly, I just hope no bones get broken and the mess isn't too destructive!

Oh, and what did JG negotiate for pay for babysitting? A free pass from clutter jail :) Completely his idea!

Comments