Travel Log 2019 #2: UFOs, Side of the Road, & White Sand

11/24/19
We stayed the night in Amarillo, TX.  Since we have been to the area before, I looked for something to do that we had not seen/done already the next morning. So, I hesitantly picked out an rv museum. I really thought it would be pretty boring and a quick stop. It turns out, it was great. It has been my favorite so far!
 Toys...Johnny has been on the lookout for one for the past couple of years.

 This was John's favorite--a little pop up tent trailer.


See the video of Jackson and I doing the twist at the dairy bar? Of course you don't because Johnny took a picture instead!

 84 and still traveling across the country, I hope that is me and Johnny.
 This one is from the Robin Williams RV Movie.
 This was mine and Jack's favorite!
 Check this out! You could have a car air conditioner installed for only 12.95!
After the museum we stopped to grab some more groceries. John Gannon was a little more relaxed this trip with our choices. However, I bet if he realized that Johnny and I ate the entire veggie tray that same day he would have lectured us!
The boys wanted to stop and make their mark at the Cadillac Ranch again. I found our old picture from 2015 and could not get over how much they have grown in those 3 years!








From Amarillo, we drove to investigate the 1947 alien invasion at Roswell, NM.







The plains from TX to New Mexico are beautiful!



11/25/19
We stayed the night in Ruidoso, NM. We had planned to travel through the midwest but changed our plans due to all of the snowfall in that area. When we woke up, SURPRISE--it started to snow!







As we were leaving Ruidoso, we were admiring the mountains and Johnny decided we needed to pull over and climb one.  He pulled over and we all followed. He and John made it to the top. Jackson and I got scared and Johnny got too far ahead of us to help us out. It was really steep.





The drive is always so amazing. We hate to see the sun go down because we fear what we might be missing out of the windows!
When back in the truck we played this game where you earned points if you called a tumbleweed you saw rolling before anyone else. We declared Jackson a winner when he caught one at our next stop!
Pistachios...I had no clue they grew them out here. We stopped at Pistachio Land and enjoyed some samples.
Do you see all those buckets on both sides of that table...they were all different. My favorite was milk chocolate pistachio brittle! The BBQ and Jalapeño/Honey were my second choices.
 It was my first time seeing pistachio trees.
And our final stop of the day was our favorite: White Sand Dunes. We stayed here and played for hours. 































 The wind was horrendous!!

 Do you see it? We do miss our workouts @ the _ _ _ _!





We stayed until the sun set. This is my favorite picture. Jack and I walked down the hill while Johnny and John stayed up to to finish taking pictures of the sunset. 

We stayed the night in Deming, NM. As we continue to see the beauty of creation, we can't help but give glory to the Creator! I long for nothing more than to be in His presence! 

Live a Meaningful Life!

Money, stuff, jobs, degrees, good deeds--it is all worthless when compared to the richness found in Christ!









Comments