Random Blurbs


1. We have a teenager, a 13 year old teenager who likes to puff out his chest in pictures and brag on his emerging black lip hairs. He told me the other day if maintaining a mustache was as much work as styling his hair, he was out. He could still care less about what he wears--his style--comfort! We'll see how much longer that lasts! John is the comedian, lecturer, and activities director for the family. And YES, he still serves as safety monitor. As a matter of fact, for the past month we have had to listen to lectures about the dangers of alligators and bull sharks in the river where we are going to be in FL. If you ever need some entertainment, just pick John up and go for a drive. He will not run out of things to talk about!

2. Johnny has been entertaining us lately with his impromptu song writing. Thank goodness none of us have esteem issues! Look at those glistening locks...I will never forget my initial attraction to him. He was standing in a doorway and ran his fingers through his hair. I would watch him pull up and get off of his motorcycle and that would be the first thing he did after he took his helmet off! SPEAKING of motorcycles, he went Tuesday to get his motorcycle license and it turned out to be quite the event...he was somehow completely erased from the system once he completed everything. Then, the computer shut down. Once the system came back up they had to call and get his information from a backup in Jackson! Only Johnny...anyway after 5 hours at the DMV, he finally got what he went for! As for that motorcycle he had when we dated and first married...he almost lost his license due to speeding tickets from it and he was paying for it by making minimum payments on a credit card!!!! Whew, have we come a long way!

3. Jackson has been practicing his nursing skills out. John Gannon had a bought with pneumonia last week and Jackson would make sure he had water, take his temperature and ask him if he needed anything. As a matter of fact, they went to spend the night at my dad's Tuesday night of this week so that John could go to work with him early on Wednesday. As we were walking out the door, Jackson was yelling at John "You didn't get your medicine!" John yelled back, "I did too. I just got one of the pills and put in a bag." Jackson looks up at me, and says, "Now, how was I suppose to know that?" He is such a loving caretaker. But don't let that fool you! That little cute guy is filled with passion and intensity! If John gets cleared at the doctor's office tomorrow I am sure an argument will burst out in the car, and we will resume life as normal!

4. As for me, I am struggling! I am so thankful for the opportunity to visit family and see our boys interact with their grandparents. I know this is such a gift, and I have truly cherished it. However, I am bored out of my mind. Outside of teaching the boys, work and the little bit of time I spend with my friend on the way to torture class (which ends tonight), I sit around wondering what to do. I got the bright idea that I would go to this MNO group that I always missed when we were here because they always had it on a night that I worked...when I went to find the group, I found out that I had been kicked out! I assume it was because I didn't pay dues to the homeschool group it is connected to since we would not be in this area during the year for long periods of time. "We love and support you, but only if you pay." I can understand...it is how most things in life operate! SO...I can say that what I have learned during this time in MS about myself is that if my plan is to retire completely and do nothing one day--DON'T! I can see how this kills people! Sitting around doing nothing outside of your normal routine messes with your mental state and emotions, which directly affects your behavior! A couple of days ago I started creating a daily goal. At least it gives me something to work to achieve each day and that has helped. 11 more days until moving day!

Live a Meaningful Life!


Comments