The Day I Showed My Tail

Well, I just have to tell you all what happened today.  The boys and I went to our homeschool group's Halloween party. We all had a really good time! Here we are:
After all the fun, we had a few errands to run.  We stopped at the Health Food Store to restock on some delicious milk from Brown Dairy Farm.  Then, off to the bank.  John Gannon had figured up how many eggs he needed to keep his current customers supplied. After a little more math calculations, he decided he needed to purchase 10 more hens. He was withdrawing money to go purchase the chickens.  It was here that that today's episode really begins...

First, you see above I am wearing a costume, right? I didn't mind at all wearing it right on into all the places I needed to go. I mean, it is Halloween, and my kids love it when I dress up.  However, they did not exactly have ALL the details about my costume. My skirt required a little ingenuity this morning.  It is actually one of those little mini dresses that people younger than me wear in public. I have purchased two--but I pull them down and wear them as skirts.  I have had this particular "skirt" for several years.  The elastic that generally held it in place finally succumbed to the pressure of wrapping around my hind part this morning.  So, instead of ditching the costume I decided to do a little wrapping and folding.  Hmmm...how is all this going to stay in place? My first thought was staples-but I didn't want to carry the stapler around with me today.  I finally decided to use one of those paper clip things like this:
Perfect! It held the skirt together. I reasoned that if it came loose I could surely feel it and just reclip it.  I wiggled around, pooched the belly out, bent up and down and busted out a few dance moves in the bathroom to test it out.  It passed the test. Now, back to the bank.  

I watched as John filled out his withdrawal slip at the bank.  We walked up to the teller and he proceeded to discuss his business transaction with the teller.  In the meantime, Jackson was walking in circles around me-playing with the flowing pieces of fabric on my skirt.  The teller was asking John his age and was telling him how proud she was that he knew how to handle his business, fill out the forms, etc.  I felt this tap on my back.  I almost ignored it, thinking it was Jackson. I was really wanting to listen to what all the teller had to say.  I just briefly glanced over my shoulder and there she was...A nice lady, smiling.  "Ma'am. I just wanted to let you know that your skirt is falling off-I mean, it is all the way off."  Low and behold, it sure was.  I was standing there in my black tights with hot pink and black striped panties on! Right in the middle of the bank!  I kindly thanked the woman and apologized she got a nice view of my tail! SO much for me thinking I might FEEL when the clip came loose! I quickly gathered my skirt, covered myself and walked out of the bank with all my dignity (yeah, right!!)  The coolest part-I don't think my children were the least bit embarrassed! I am sure all that will change in a few years. In the meantime, I have a acquired a whole new meaning to the phrase, "She really showed her tail today."  Why, yes...I really did!

Live a Meaningful Life!

Comments