Motive-An incentive to act; The reason for doing something

I must admit, I wanted to start this post off by listing everything I have got going on right now.  However, when I thought about my motive for doing so, here is what I discovered:
  • Self-pity
  • I wanted others to feel sympathy for me and offer nice little encouraging comments like, "You can do it!" 
  • I wanted people to be impressed by what all I have going on
There--the honest truth.  You know when we really consider the motive/intentions behind what we say (and write), sometimes the truth does not look pretty. We try to cover it up and make it look a lot better than it does.  We offer ourselves these silly little justifications, and it all feels better.  You know, it is kind of like cutting the ceiling fan on so no one can see the dust covered blades. When the fan eventually gets cut off-the dust is still there.

So it is with my soul. As long as I continue to make justifications for my behavior, the ugliness is still there.  To be honest, when I started processing all of this on Monday I just wanted to whine and kind of throw a little grown up fit (eat lots of donuts, do nothing I needed to do, and just "relax").  Why is it when we have a few more responsibilities/tasks/obligations we just want to shut-down?   We all know that will just make it worse! I am not saying we do not ever need a break, but sometimes, I just act plain ridiculous! Anyway, my break is over...on to the next task!

Live a Meaningful Life!

Comments