Life


Hi! It has been a while. We are currently in TN. Our life has definitely taken some surprising turns since we have been here, not all due to the current pandemic. We have no clue what the next few months will look like here. In the meantime, we are walking a few miles everyday, playing basketball, badminton and football. I think Johnny is most affected by everything. He seems to be caught between mentally preparing for apocalyptic survival scenarios and going crazy by not having work or stuff to do. He hates sitting around for long periods of time!

Other than our walks around the neighborhood roads and behind the property we are on, we are really trying to quarantine ourselves due to my lung disease.  Yesterday we found an entire system of fire paths up the mountain/hills behind the property we are on that have incredible views. By the way, if we come up missing, that probably is the first place that should be checked. I got worried somebody might shoot us (even though no one lives up there).

I had Johnny make me a more private workspace so that I can escape the constant interruptions from the kids when I try to work since he is around now all the time too.

Every time I take the time to write I find myself fighting...wanting to say so much. But, I again refrain. There are plenty of people doing that. Sometimes silence is so much more refreshing. 

So instead of a bunch of words or opinions, here are some pictures from our past few months.

We got to spend some time with JoNell when we were in MS. She was in good spirits, and it was great to reminisce with her.
I turned a year older in February! My mom and Memaw spent the day celebrating with me. I started chapter 42--hopefully many more to go! But hey, I am also perfectly content if my life ends right now. My adult life has been one great dream and has been lived purposefully seeking to honor Christ and make Him known.
As always, Kathy made sure she got some time in as well! I am so thankful for her friendship. She is family for sure.
We also spent some time with the precious Roger and Glenda Dean. We left with a sack of canned peaches! He keeps cases of them.
Jackson went mud riding with his friend Cooper one day and we got a really good treat when picking him up! Instead of just getting to see Amy/Josh, we got to see the whole gang! We have such sweet memories. Anna--you made the blog! Whoo hoo!



































 He may be 14 and 6'2" but he is still my baby!



 I have eaten very little meat since the end of February. HOWEVER, I wanted a steak to celebrate something and Johnny delivered. He cooked them first and I went in and put them in the microwave to keep them warm while he cooked everything else. I got worried the boys would eat them before we got back in. I think I would have fought them if that had happened this time.  Just to give you an idea of how much they eat...we also grilled 11 hamburgers, asparagus. 8 whole pieces of corn and 4 lbs of boneless chicken tenders. We were hoping to have dinner the following night...seriously.





In the midst of chaos and uncertainties, I am filled with a perfect peace. A peace that overflows my soul and makes my heart rejoice. I am so glad that the older I get the more freedom from worry and anxiety I find. Despite what our circumstances are or become, I will be grateful.

Take this time to love on and cherish you crew. One day, there will be no more time.

Live a Meaningful Life!


Comments