Florida: Travel Log


Panama City Beach--Laketown Wharf--January 8-February 9, 2020

Overwhelmed, overflowing, exploding with joy, yearning, excited, expectant yet content...About a month and a half ago God started refining some things in our lives and the result has been one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced. Painful and risky at times for sure... I think one of my biggest reminders is the strength that vulnerability can create. When we take a risk and open up about things it can loosen/break chains. Chains that lock in shame, guilt, and boxes that hold old, familiar messages that like to creep in and hold you captive. Johnny asked me a question over a month ago that immediately made me feel every bit of shame I think I have felt my entire life. Immediately I was sick...do I tell him the truth? I had never spoke it to anyone...ever. Could he handle it? Would it haunt him the way it does me? Was there a need for him to carry that burden? My default was to do what I had been conditioned to do: protect everyone else and carry the load. The old familiar message, "No, don't tell." Instead, I curled into a ball, my head on his chest because I couldn't look at him and I spoke it out loud.  The rush of feeling, the uncertainty... but then, the response. Becoming completely vulnerable only deepened and strengthened our love for one another. It was a beautiful reminder of what God wants from us. He just wants us completely, the entire mess, not just the polished pieces we show everyone else.  And little did I know, this was only the beginning of a great, beautiful work that would be accomplished in our lives.

I am sure as time passes I will write more or talk about about what has transpired, but then maybe I won't...who knows? Here are some pictures from our time in FL. One of my many favorite things was morning beach walks.










One morning, this lady came up to Johnny and I and asked if we had a phone so she could take our picture. She said she couldn't help but stare at us as she walked down the beach. She said it was just a beautiful moment and that we were doing it right. I assume she could just see our love for each other because we weren't doing anything except standing there and Johnny was whispering sweet stuff in my ear. 


















































 We loved sharing the beach with the seniors everyday.













 We found 3 whole sand dollars and tons of shells.
 View from our front door.































 What happens when you waste your time and don't get your school time in!




















We are so thankful for the moments we had in Florida. We left on Feb. 9th and headed to Louisiana.

Live a Meaningful Life!




Comments