Free Marriage Counseling...kinda...maybe not...just a little wisdom...but not yet

So, first of all hello blog--it has been a while!  Several years ago I set out on a quest to give a couple a very unique wedding present--a mini book of marriage wisdom.  I looked for something I thought was useful--not complicated, just filled with little tidbits of wisdom that might help their marriage get off to a good start.  Well, that did not go as planned, as a matter of fact I did not find anything that I thought the guy she was going to marry would read (Um, "dude" if you are reading this--I wasn't making a judgement about your intelligence or anything, I just know that most guys don't get really excited about reading a marriage book--and if they do, they usually put it down before half way through).  So, instead of killing the idea, my almost non-existent creative juice began to stir somewhere in the cerebral cortex area of my brain--or where ever it stirs up--and I decided to create one...

I had fun and I was too excited to give my gift to them (2 copies--one for him and one for her).  A few days ago or maybe it was a month--that time thing always confuses me--she mentioned tthe book to me and told me she let another couple read it.  This has happened many times over the course of the years she has had it...so, I thought if she was sharing it--she obviously liked it (or at least shows it to others to make fun at my writing ability and/or intelligence)...whichever, I thought I would just post parts of it on here and add to it.  The only problem--I am not going to have access to my copy until probably Thurs or Fri.  So, until then, maybe I will write about some random things, maybe I won't...Regardless, I hope you readers--of which I have no clue who you are--enjoy!

Random stuff

  • We are having one awesome summer--filled with daily adventures with John Gannon, Jackson, and my hot looking husband...I got this cool book called "A line a day" It allows me to record a few thoughts/memories about our day (for five years)!  I have always wanted to be a dedicated journal writer--but it just ain't gonna happen, but so far, so good with the line a day!  I hope it helps me remember all these fun times when I am old...

  • For those of you who followed our story on caring bridge with our precious Jackson--I still just praise God and thank him everytime I get to change his poop.  He is now 18 months old and he has started using the pot some (the porcelin throne--not the illegal stuff) and we still celebrate--with arms lifted high and great shouts!  We have so much to be thankful for...

  • I probably should be sleeping, but I am wide awake for some reason.  I have an early day tomorrow--suppose to go help my step mom peel tomatos for canning.  Little does she know, I don't know how to peel a tomato--Johnny and I had a few good laughs and a funny conversation about that a few hours earlier...Maybe she won't read this until after I have helped...I would hate for my pride to be wounded by her hesitation in letting me use my ninja knife skills on the tomatos...We'll see how this turns out.
Well, my random thoughts just stopped...I guess I am done for now!

Comments